About Me

My photo
I want to use this space to share all the great things I discover about life through the Gaze of Bicyclist, Parent, Spiritual advisor.. ect. ;)

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

wonderful home

Inhabitat.com 
I love the look of this house it is modern without reaching.

"A project 30 years in the making, this tiny off-grid retreat on a coastal island in Maine is almost entirely self-sufficient. Designed and built by Alex Porter for her father, the project features a shed roof and is wrapped in a distinctive blue-grey corrugated skin. Dwell recently profiled the home, which is the only solar-powered retreat on the isolated island – its sustainable power source actually makes life a lot more leisurely, as the family does not need to schlep in fuel to run a noisy generator. They didn’t give anything up, as they have all the conveniences of a regular home — but with a view you don’t get in an everyday residence."
quoted from Inhabitat


The more I look at these photos, the more I love this house. Love.   
-The  low ceiling and small footprint all encourage simple living.  It looks like the shower is outside.  This design is fantastic.  I am definitely going to incorporate this element into my new home one way or another.  I will have to come up with with a way to have a wall and/or ceiling system that opens and closes.

Yes!!

Alexscottporterdesign.com   I am so taken by this simple, effective, and aesthetically pleasing design, I'm going to contact the architect and tell her so.

No comments:

Post a Comment